MARIPOSA MUSEUM AND HISTORY CENTER, INC.
MUSEUM PURPOSE AND MISSION
The Purpose and Mission of the Mariposa Museum and History Center, Inc., shall be the discovery, collection, preservation, interpretation, exhibition, and demonstration of material culture, visual objects and documents that best illustrate the history of Mariposa County.
1. Collect materials that best establish and illustrate the history of Mariposa County and its settlement, past and present; acceptance will be tempered by availability of storage space and future financial consequences.
2. Establish an archive with public accessibility for historical information about the life, the conditions, the events, and the activities of Mariposa County through the years. The archive will include printed or written works that best describe Mariposa County through private papers of pioneer families, photographs, paintings, and public records from official offices.
3. Collect and preserve Native American material and records.
4. Preserve, interpret, and exhibit the collections following professional museum standards.
5. Locate pioneer sites within the county and assist with the preservation of the sites, the buildings, and the monuments that mark them.
6. Provide educational means to disseminate historical information that will arouse interest in the past through publications, lectures, tours, and corporate activity as permitted by law.
Adopted October 19, 1995