The Coakley Room

 


The Coakley Room


Coakley Room (Left Side)


Coakley Room (Right Side)



Established in 1957, the museum first opened to the public on the lower floor of the the Old Masonic Hall on 6th street in downtown Mariposa. The current museum building was constructed in 1970 and dedicated on 1971, following a grant deed by Judge Thomas Coakley to the county of Mariposa, specifically for the purpose of establishing the first public library in tandem with the History Center. The Library and Museum shared quarters as two separate entities until 2001 when a new public library was dedicated.

Rev. 05-27-2011

 Posted by at 10:20 am