Mariposa Museum and History Center is proud to announce the acquisition of a new “old” printing press to enhance our early Mariposa Gazette Newspaper display.
The printing press was donated to museum by R.D.Tucker who is the Publisher of the Mariposa Gazette which was first published in 1854.
Pictured here is the printing press at the former Mariposa Gazette site with Gary Williams (on left) from the Mariposa Museum and John Ward from Sierra Propane.
This picture is the press being lifted from its former location
The printing press is now on the museum grounds awaiting the final move to its permanent location. Pictured from left to right are John Ward and Shawn Coggins from Sierra Propane who graciously donated their time and truck for the move, along with Ron Loya President of the Museum Board accepting the press.